School Meal Program
All students are eligible for FREE breakfast, however, we encourage you to provide breakfast at home and share this time with your child before they begin their school day.
For those parents who do need to take advantage of it, the following policies are in place for breakfast:
- Breakfast typically consists of cereal and milk, juice or fruit, and crackers. Occasionally a hot breakfast will be provided. This is the discretion of the cafeteria manager.
- Breakfast will be served from 7:20 – 7:50. Students must arrive during this time. Students are dismissed to class at 8:00AM.
- Students who arrive before 7:20AM must sign in to early care in Room 16.
- PK-K5 students must be walked in to the cafeteria and signed in. They may not be dropped off out front.
- Students should check in for breakfast, pick up their meal and take it to their assigned table. They must remain at their assigned table until they are dismissed by grade at 8:00AM.
- When they are dismissed by grade, they will quickly and quietly throw their trash away, leave the cafeteria and go directly to class.
- Students may talk quietly at their tables, read, study, etc., until it is time to be dismissed. They may not use loud voices, get out their seats and visit, etc.
- Students who are unable to exhibit appropriate behavior, follow the directions of the adults in the cafeteria and follow the rules may be prohibited from the program.
“In accordance with Federal law and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.”
All students are eligible for free lunch, but the following policies must be adhered to:
- Students must order lunch in the morning. They may select the hot entree, the sandwich of the day or SBJ (Sunflower Butter and Jelly, an allergy-safe alternative to Peanut Butter and Jelly).
- A menu is sent home monthly and is also posted on the school website and Renweb.
- If your child does not like the lunch selection, please send lunch from home. The school day is too long for a student to go without eating lunch. Please send lunch with your child in the morning. Fast food lunches may not be brought into school.
- Students may bring additional items or drinks from home if desired, however, soda, candy, gum, hot chips of any kind and glass containers are not permitted at any time.
- All students must take a milk selection unless we have documentation on file of a milk allergy. Not liking milk is not an acceptable reason. Milk is a requirement of the National School Lunch Program. Students who do not want to drink their milk may place it on the “Share Table” and other students may take a 2nd milk from this table if they are available. Water is available for students in the cafeteria.
- 1% White Milk / or Soy
- Middle School Students(5th thru 8th Grade): Can pre-order a Salad of the day.
- Mondays thru Friday=Chef Salad
- Wednesday = Egg Salad
Daily Sandwich Selection:
- Monday and Friday – Ham or SBJ
- Tuesday and Thursday – Turkey of SBJ
- Wednesday – Egg Salad or SBJ
Vegetable/ Fruit group:
- One item, selection will vary daily: Corn, carrots and celery with dip, broccoli, apple sauce, watermelon, grapes, banana, green beans, apple wedges, French fries, Tator tots, chips, Carrot stick, or cucumber slices.
- One item, selection will vary daily: Rice Krispy treat, ice cream cup, chocolate chip cookie, cake, apple pie, fresh fruit
- Choice of the following: 1%white, Skim chocolate milk or Strawberry
- Ranch, Italian and French salad dressings are available
- Baked Potato toppings include chili, cheese, sour cream, butter, broccoli, black olives
- Taco toppings include salsa, sour cream, lettuce, tomato
- Mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard are available when needed
- If your child cannot eat pork or has any food allergies, please make sure that your child and his/her teacher are informed.
Last minute substitutions may be made due to unforeseen situations
To file a complaint of discrimination: WRITE: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave. SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 CALL: 800-795-3272 (voice) or 202-720-6382 (TTY).
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.